Sunday, 18 November 2012

Further Lea & Perrins Designs

After reading through the brief thoroughly, I got straight to designing some more prototypes in further detail:



Front: The above image shows the iconic bottle shape of Lea & Perrins (design mandatories: retain iconic bottle design), with a similarly designed black cap - this will be an easy-screw cap made of a recyclable material (further research into sustainable materials). The bottle itself I've decided will be made of recycled and recyclable Enviroglass (in either volcanic black or clear). The most imperative part of this design is that it must be sustainable. I have to make this bottle easy for consumers to recycle. All that would need to be done to this bottle after use is a quick disassemble. The cap would screw off, and I have exchanged the current label design for an easy-peel recyclable sticker on either side of the bottle.




Back: This is a view from the back of the bottle. After associating my ideas with the brief objectives, I designed this. Taking on board that I must "create a pack design that is attractive to the 20-35 year old age group" and that the pack design "needs to inspire people to use the product in their everyday cooking". With the easy-peel recyclable sticker being a more contemporary shape (and although the design itself I understand was not a part of the brief, I have redesigned this too, keeping the original signature but inviting a new age of consumer in) I feel that this would already catch the eyes of a younger generation. The sticker on the back of this bottle however folds out, in a concertina manner revealing different meals and their recipes that can be made using their own Lea & Perrins sauce. In short, giving a revamp to their already existing meal ideas, and reminding consumers that they can make all these dishes themselves too.

To let consumers know that their product is a new 'green' sustainable product, I have designed a small green droplet shape to symbolise it's eco-friendly status and to show it is relative to Lea & Perrins sauce. This is in hope it will remind consumers that the product is made for recycling and encourage them to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment